Jazz Tunes by Adolph Sandole is a collection of melodic lines based on the common songform and the 12 bar blues form. Jazz figures are played in unison by a brass and a reed instrument as the first and last choruses, with improvised solos in between.
Some of the lines in this book are used as part of the Beginner Jazz Improvisation, and Jazz Improv II “Journeyman”. The chapter “Composing Jazz Lines” gives suggestions and training in this area.
The figures used in this book may be used for “sessions” and as a supplemental repertoire for small instrumental groups.
The volumes of this series include:
1. Beginner's Method for Jazz Improvisation (LINK)
2. Craft of Jazz I “Apprentice (LINK)
3. Craft of Jazz II “Journeyman” (LINK)
4. Craft of Jazz III Fourth Chords & Scales from Jazz Improvisation III (LINK)
5. Jazz Patterns (LINK)
6. Jazz Tunes (LINK)
7. Music Primer (LINK)
8. The Art of Songwriting (LINK)
Check out some samples to the left, then grab an immediate PDF download above.