|File Size in MB||
Sandole’s Jazz Improvisation series is one of the most important sets of jazz texts in the history of the genre. These are the books that taught legendary artists like John Coltrane how to improvise.
Sandole writes: “This book is for the beginner who wants to learn how to improvise in the jazz idiom. (A beginner for this book has instrumental facility and a knowledge of scales and chords, but has not acquired the skill of improvising. The book is prepared for all instrumentalists in general, rather than for piano.” Simply put, any instrument that reads treble clef and knows their fingerings can start here on their journey to learning jazz vocabulary.
Samples from the over 220 page book are available to the left, then grab an immediate PDF download above.
Secret tip: Get it for 56% off right here.
The volumes of this series include:
1. Beginner’s Method for Jazz Improvisation (LINK)
2. Craft of Jazz I “Apprentice (LINK)
3. Craft of Jazz II “Journeyman” (LINK)
4. Craft of Jazz III Fourth Chords & Scales from Jazz Improvisation III (LINK)
5. Jazz Patterns (LINK)
6. Jazz Tunes (LINK)
7. Music Primer (LINK)
8. The Art of Songwriting (LINK)
9. Arranging & Harmony for Stage Band (LINK)