Vincent Cichowicz was a huge advocate for playing Bach chorales on brass instruments, and I understand why. If you can play in tune, in balance, and in time with your section, the whole becomes much greater than the sum of its parts.
These six chorales from Bach as arranged by Wilke Renwick are slow, deliberate, beautifully arranged writing for brass quintet that should be a staple of every brass chamber music ensemble. If you click to the left you can see what the parts look like, and if you click above you can grab an immediate PDF download of the complete quintet parts.
- Ermuntre dich mein schwacher geist
- Vater unser in himmelreich
- We nurden lieben gott lasst walter
- Wie schön leuchtet der morgenstern
- Nun dunket alle gott
- Das alte john vergorgun ist