Modern Jazz Greats (Combo-Orks) By Dizzy Gillespie
This flexible, small group jazz combo book includes a great selection of charts by Shorty Rogers, Charlie Parker, Dizzy Gillespie, Louis Bellson, Coleman Hawkins, Lester Young, and more. These 21 charts allow you play solo with accompaniment, in duo, trio, or full ensemble with any mix of instrumentation you could think of.
This collection includes four books, one for Bb, one in C, one in Eb, and one in bass clef. These include chords and melody for piano or guitar accompaniment, bass lines in bass clef for trombone or tuba, and lead parts with counter melodies in each of the listed keys. With this extremely flexible layout, you can create a combo as small as trumpet and piano, to as big as a full jazz band with trumpets, clarinets, saxophones, trombones, and full rhythm section.
Check out some samples to the left, then grab an immediate PDF download above.
Song List (21 Charts)
- Sam and the Lady by Shorty Rogers
- Didi by Shorty Rogers
- Appra-poe by Shorty Rogers
- Popo by Shorty Rogers
- Punkin’ by Shorty Rogers
- Sticks by Shorty Rogers
- Shadows by Louis Bellson
- Moose the Mooche by Charlie Parker
- Confirmation by Charlie Parker
- Ornithology by Charlie Parker and Benny Harris
- Yardbird Suite by Charlie Parker
- Dewey Square by Charlie Parker
- The Champ by Dizzy Gillespie
- Jumpin’ With Symphony Sid by Lester Young
- Eyes by Louis Bellson
- Stuffy by Coleman Hawkins
- In the Land of OO Blah Dee by Williams and Orent
- Robbins Best by Thompson and Jacquet
- John the Rogue by Dave Cavanaugh
- Scrapple from the Apple by Charlie Parker
- Big Dave Special by Dave Cavanaugh
There are no reviews yet.