Richard Shuebruk’s “Daily Technical Exercises for Advanced Players” is a rare and long out of print Sheubruk tome that was once a vital part of his Books for Bandsman series. For some reason, possibly due to the popularity of his lip and tongue trainers, publishers have stopped printing his lesser known works. But at qPress, we shine a light on every long lost gem. Here is what Shuebruk had to say about this book:
Daily Technical Exercises is for advanced players and first chairs containing:
- Fine exercises, especially designed to develop the embouchure and tone quality;
- An analytical section for scales and intricate fingerings;
- Expert exercises for tongue technique, both staccato and legato;
- A section on slurring to secure the correct adjustment of mouthpiece and embouchure;
- More than a dozen grand etudes on the different sections of technical work.
This is such a fantastic book, I am thrilled to share it with you. Try out some samples to the left, then grab a PDF download above.