Everyone who’s spent time studying classical trumpet repertoire will know that a huge portion of our practice time is devoted to studying etudes. Etudes condense the challenges faced in the broader solo and orchestral repertoire into small packages for solo practice, so that we can eventually apply the newfound skills to our performance repertoire.
At qPress, we’ve always noticed that there was a gap in the trumpet literature for jazz etudes. That is why we are excited to have discovered these books of swing etudes and duets. These titles allow us to develop technical skills and style away from the bandstand, so that when the stage lights shine, we feel prepared.
Click through the samples to the left, read through the write-ups provided below, and then click above for immediate PDF downloads of the entire bundle.
Books included in this bundle:
- Veldkamp, 16 Swinging Etudes
- Paisner, Swing Duets for Trumpet
- Willey, Rhythm Madness for Trumpet
- Edmonds, Jazz Duets from Dixieland to BeBop
- Edmonds, Famous Jazz Beats Vol 1 & 2
- Huffnagle, 40 Studies in Syncopation
- Metis, Jazz Beats for Trumpet
- Spear, Basic Jazz Syncopation
- Willey, Jazz Improv Handbook (with audio mp3s)
- Erwin, Wee Bit of Dixie
- Veldkamp, 12 Challenging Latin & Jazz Duets