This year, we’re releasing 5 new Clifford Brown Transcription bundles. This collection is part of Erik Veldkamp’s ambitious project to completely transcribe every note Clifford Brown ever played. Make sure you check them all out, there’s so much good stuff!
These recordings were made in 1953 during a tour with Lionel Hampton & His Orchestra. Interestingly, Hampton forbade his sidemen from recording while on tour. Thankfully, many of them ignored those orders.
These transcriptions feature some of the most tasteful ballads and bebop playing that’s ever been recorded, and it’s our pleasure to be able to present them to you in this bundle. Clifford Brown for half price, how can you lose?
Click through the samples to the left, read through the write-ups provided below, and then click above for immediate PDF downloads of the entire bundle.
Brown, Clifford Brown Quartet in Paris
1. I Can Dream Can’t I (take 1)
2. I Can Dream Can’t I (take 2)
3. I Can Dream Can’t I (take 3)
4. It Might As Well be Spring
5. The Song Is You (take 1)
6. The Song Is You (take 2)
7. You’re A Lucky Guy (take 1)
8. You’re A Lucky Guy (take 2)
9. You’re A Lucky Guy (take 3)
10. Come Rain Or come Shine (take 1)
11. Come Rain Or come Shine (take 2)
12. Blue & Brown
Brown, Clifford Brown Sextet in Paris
1. Goofin’ With Me.
2. All The Things You Are (take 1)
3. All The Things You Are (take 2)
4. Strictly Romantic
5. Minority (take 1)
6. Minority (take 2)
8. Blue Concept (take 1)
9. Blue Concept (take 2)
10. I Cover The Waterfront
11. Salute To The Bandbox (take 1)
12. Salute To The Bandbox (take 2)
Brown, Clifford brown Big Band in Paris
1. Brown Skins (take 1)
2. Brown Skins (take 2)
3. Keeping Up With Jonesy (take 1)
4. Keeping Up With Jonesy (take 2)
5. Bum’s Rush
6. Chez Moi
7. All Weird (take 1)
8. All Weird (take 2)
9. No Start No End